NE506: Wood Utilization Research on US Biofuels, Bioproducts, Hybrid Biomaterials Composites Production, and Traditional Forest Products
List of Annual Meetings
- Friday 01/15/10 to Friday 01/15/10
- Conference Call--Call in number to be provided by Professor Barry Goodell and Dr. Xinfeng Xie via email to responding participants. (This will be provided on Wednesday, January 13th.)
- Dr. Xinfeng Xie, Dr. Barry Goodell,
- Additional Info:
- Dear Colleagues,
This phone-in meeting is to review the work conducted as part of the USDA NIFA/CSREES Hatch NE506 project (NE506: Wood Utilization Research on US Biofuels, Bioproducts, Hybrid Biomaterials Composites Production, and Traditional Forest Products), which officially ran its course from August 2007 - July, 2009. Because of the time involved at USDA in activating the project originally, most groups did not join the NE506 project until December 2007 or later. This 2-year termination meeting is necessary to allow us to compile a final report for the project and meet the termination requirements. See [ http://lgu.umd.edu/lgu_v2/pages/showInfo.cfm?trackID=9736 ]http://lgu.umd.edu/lgu_v2/pages/showInfo.cfm?trackID=9736 for more information about this project and your participation.
The prior meeting for NE506 is Summarized here: [ http://lgu.umd.edu/lgu_v2/pages/reportAction/reportInfo.cfm?rID=15101 ]http://lgu.umd.edu/lgu_v2/pages/reportAction/reportInfo.cfm?rID=15101 The termination report for NE506 should be similar in detail/length.
Each program should be prepared to give a very short (5 minute max) overview of their progress on their work, and please highlight any collaborations with researchers at other Schools involved in NE 506. If you could send Professor Barry Goodell(email@example.com) a 2-3 slide PPT overview of your University's work by Tuesday January 12th (including a summary of the work of all PIs at your Institute) on NE 506 research, this information will be compiled so that participants can view this as part of the discussion on the 15th.
The Agenda for this NE506 meeting is as follows, but we welcome the addition of items for discussion during the meeting:
2) Overview from each School/Institute on Research progress (supplemented by PPT slides that can be routed to each participant via email)
3) Research progress content from each school/program for the termination report
4) Future planning for the already accepted follow-on project: NE1037: Wood Utilization Research : Biofuels, Bioproducts, Hybrid Biomaterials Composites Production, and Traditional Forest Products (See [ http://lgu.umd.edu/lgu_v2/pages/showInfo.cfm?trackID=10956 ]http://lgu.umd.edu/lgu_v2/pages/showInfo.cfm?trackID=10956 )
5) Other items?
Please note the conference call begins at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
Thank you and I look forward to our discussion on January 15th.
- Last Modified:
- Tuesday 03/04/08 to Wednesday 03/05/08
- Lansdowne Resort, Lansdowne, VA
- Sue Dimmick, Barry Goodell
- Last Modified: